The Rebel Hearts

Loading...

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

IRA Monument in Roscommon

After moving to Roscommon from Tipperary, I decided to start this blog to document all the crazy stuff and places I would find Up West!! On my first road trip I was not disappointed! I was heading from Roscommon to Sligo

First Stop was an IRA Monument between Roscommon Town and Boyle, to the right hand side of this garden behind gates that have the word Saoirse embedded in them stands a monument to Padraig Pearce


Your eyes could almost skip past Padraig and the tri colour flying beside him as the main focus of this garden is a colossal monument composed of 3 men towering over the surrounding flat land. For any one interested in history I would highly recommend a visit! 

For anyone who has any interest in Irish History I would highly recommend a link to my good friend The Galtee Mountain Boys website:

For the best Irish Rebel Band since The Wolfetones! listen to:


No comments:

Post a Comment